Welcome to Maghoney Photography!
I'm psyched you found me and I'm excited to get started!
I'm not looking to meet your expectations. Nor do I want to exceed them.
I want to BLOW you away.
So talk to me. After giving me all the basic information about yourself and the event, let me know what everything you want (like a wish list). Crazy about a photo you saw on Pinterest? Send the link to me and we'll not just recreate them, we'll make an even better version of it. Conscious about something? Tell me what you don't feel so hot about. Do you like your right angle more than your left? Then tell me what you are 200% comfortable in flaunting. High cheekbones? A winning smile? I'll make sure to highlight these. Have a photo of your dress? Send it to me (email@example.com), it always kickstarts inspiration for the shoot. Tell me your love story...how you met and what sealed the deal.
Have fun browsing this site. You'll find full galleries at www.margemaghoney.com.
Looking forward to reading your first email and getting this party started!
It started with taking photos for leisure and sanity. Documenting moments of my life with friends and family. Enthusiasm turned to passion and passion led to a discovery of what truly makes me happy...and also makes me money (how 'bout that?). I'm a purple cow. Or at least try to be. With every signle shoot. A purple what? In a pasture, a purple cow would stand out from the rest, you would immediately notice it. A purple cow garners attention. The term was popularized by author Seth Godin in his book, Purple Cow, that "lists ideas on presenting yourself to clients in a more remarkable way, thus grabbing their attention and separating yourself from others in your field." I take pride in being chosen by my clients for quality and quantity plus a price range that spells out V-A-L-U-E. That and they say I'm fun and easy to work with. I think when you've been doing something you love for so long, that comes naturally. It now comes easy for me to make you feel comfortable even if you feel you're at your dorkiest in front of a camera. Make you work it without looking like you're trying to. How? I guess it's just by being myself. And having done this a bajillion times. I always find myself ridiculously focused on making you look your best on your photos and seeing it a fun challenge to make each event tighter than the last. And isn't that what you want? When we're on the same page, we make the shoot an enjoyable and easygoing experience and when you're having fun, that's when you look your best.
My point of view is this. If I was the bride, or the birthday celebrant, or the excited recently engaged or the proud mom of a graduate looking for a photographer to capture my special day, being good is, well, not good enough. I want someone extraordinary who is willing to work with me with what I am willing to spend. I understand you want to get the most bang for your buck and still get amazing, high quality images. You might be tempted to scour Craigslist for a better yet a bit shady deal...but be forewarned, unless you're ready to receive images you'd be embarrassed to even share on your Facebook or Instagram account. Or perhaps you're ready to handle a no show on the day of. No one wants a nightmare on their special day. No, not you mama.
"We have an obligation to change the rules, to raise the bar, to play a different game, and to play it better than anyone has the right to believe is possible."
To me, it all boils down to this: I absofreakinlutely LOVE what I do! From my first email exchange with you, to getting your ideas for the photoshoot, preparing my gear, discovering your best angle, finding those special moments in-between, seeing the look on your fiance's face as he sees you for the first time, the interesting conversations I have with you and your mom, the super fun atmosphere at the reception, reading kind words you left on Yelp (to this day this makes my heart do back flips) to personally writing thank you cards and seeing photos of your first born on Facebook. I feel incredibly blessed to be able to make a living out of what I enjoy so much and meeting so many beautiful people that I don't even have to think twice about passing on that gift to you.
I won't bore you with a lengthy description of my 'style of photography.' Photos are meant to be seen and experienced. That is what the online portfolios are for. Craving for more? Head over to www.margemaghoney.com for full wedding albums.
Enjoy! Can't wait to meet you!
Ready to Get the Party Started?
Send me your event date, time & location at firstname.lastname@example.org prior to booking to ensure availability.
You'll receive a prompt response and once availability is confirmed, you can go ahead and book any of
the packages below. Once I've penciled you in on my calendar, you can check off 'Photography' on
your checklist and do your happy dance (I'll virtually do it with you).
San Francisco City Hall Weddings
This. is LITERALLY. my jammest of the jam.
To cover the basics...
- For marriage license FAQ's, click here.
- For civil ceremony online reservations,click here.
- For civil ceremony FAQ's, click here.
Instructions on Getting Married at City Hall:
1. Ceremonies are available Monday-Friday at 10:00 a.m through 3:30 p.m. every half hour. There are three reservation slots available during each time period.
2. Reservations require a payment of $110 for the license and $90 for the ceremony at the time of booking. Appointments may be made:
Online - Reservations can be made Online Civil Ceremony Reservations with a
Visa or MasterCard. ONLY. A convenience fee will be added.
In person - Reservations may be made by one of the parties to the marriage or
a third party. The person making the reservation must be able to pay at the
time of making the appointment. Cash, money order, and debit card will be the
ONLY method of payment accepted when making the reservation in person.
3. Absolutely no changes can be made, and no refunds or credits will be given for any reason(s) including but not limited to cancellation, error, failure to show up, or any unforeseen circumstances.
4. For Ceremonies...
The ceremony will NOT be performed unless you present a VALID marriage license to the commissioner at the time of your ceremony. If you are unable to do so, you will be required to make another ceremony reservation and pay the ceremony fee again. If the marriage license was not purchased in San Francisco, it must be a PUBLIC marriage license for it to be valid in San Francisco.
If a marriage license has already been purchased, check the expiration date of your marriage license prior to making the ceremony reservation. The marriage license is valid for 90 days from the marriage license issuance.
If you plan to purchase your marriage license on the same day as your ceremony reservation, you must make and pay for a marriage license reservation for the same day at least 30 minutes earlier than your ceremony reservation time. For example, if your ceremony reservation is 10:00 a.m., your marriage license reservation should be scheduled no later than 9:30 a.m.
6. Both parties to the marriage must be able to speak and understand English. If the commissioner feels that either party does not speak English, he/she may refuse to perform the ceremony unless you provide your own third-party interpreter. Couples requiring a ceremony performed in sign language or any other language, do not book the appointment online and you must call the County Clerk's Office, come to the office directly to make such arrangements or email a request to email@example.com. Please allow a minimum of two week advance notice for all sign language bookings.
7. The couple and no more than 2 witnesses should arrive at the INFORMATION DESK at City Hall, Room 168 for CHECK-IN 10 minutes before your appointment time (other witnesses shall wait in outside area.)
8. Each couple must bring:
Valid marriage license
Legal photo identification
At least 1 witness (NOT provided to you. Applies only to couples with a
PUBLIC marriage license)
No more than 6 guests total (includes witnesses, children, photographer)
9. Ceremonies are performed in a location determined by the commissioner (usually ourprivate ceremony room or the rotunda, if available.) Specific requests for the rotunda or any other area will not be accepted as we cannot guarantee availability.
10. A certified copy of your marriage record will not be available for purchase ($14) until 2 weeks after your ceremony. Same day and expedited services for certified copies are not available. Please plan accordingly.
11. No form of litter is permitted to be thrown anywhere inside or outside the building (includes outside steps). Helium balloons, alcohol, and knives are not allowed into the building.
12. Camcorders and cameras are permitted.
Tip: Click HERE to read "The Ultimate Guide to Rockin' Your San Francisco City Wedding."
Here are some of my favorites...